fbpx
Connect with us

Astroworld Tragedy: Security Guards Sue Travis Scott For $1 Million Over Mental, Physical Damages

Astroworld Tragedy: Security Guards Sue Travis Scott For $1 Million Over Mental, Physical Damages

NEWS

Astroworld Tragedy: Security Guards Sue Travis Scott For $1 Million Over Mental, Physical Damages

Travis Scott, his label, Live Nation and more sued over Astroworld tragedy.

Two Astroworld festival security guards have filed lawsuits against 28 people and corporations including Travis Scott, Cactus Jack Records, NRG Park, AJ Melino & Associates, and Live Nation accusing them of incompetence that resulted in sustained injuries that were both physical and mental.

According to Rolling Stone, Samuel and Jackson Bush claim the company they were contracted by – AJ Melino and Associates – “took very few measures to prepare its contracted employees for the chaos that ensued,” at Houston’s NRG Park on November 5.

In the lawsuit the Uncle and Nephew allege AJ Melino and Associates failed to do background checks to make sure the contracted guards had the necessary qualifications, held no training sessions for the jobs and did not supply walkie-talkies, preventing them to communicate with their superiors during the crowd surge.

“For the most part, they told us where to stand, not to let people run in, and to be safe and not to put our hands on anybody,” Jackson said in a press conference. “There was no training.”

The Bushes’ claim they sustained injuries to their back, hand and shoulder while attempting to help concertgoers as the crowd of 50,000 began to surge during Scott’s headline set. Jackson adds he witnessed CPR being performed on lifeless bodies and had to pull a person from a crowd crush who ended up dying.

Samuel and Jackson say the events left them permanently scarred and are asking for more than $1 million in damages.

The Bushes’ lawsuit is one of many that have been filed in recent weeks against Scott, Live Nation and everyone responsible for the disaster at Astroworld that left 10 people dead. Last week, attorney Thomas J. Henry filed a $2billion lawsuit over the incident on behalf of 282 people who hired him for legal representation, prior to that, another lawsuit for $750 million was filed against Travis and Live Nation.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in NEWS

Advertisement
To Top