Common is getting back into the rap game with his new album Let Love, inspired by his new book “Let Love Have The Last Word.”
“This album is inspired by the book, ‘Let Love Have The Last Word’ which gave me a path to write about things I had never written about before,” Common said. “It forced me to go deeper and because I opened up about so many things in the book, I was charged to go to raw, personal and spiritual places in the music.”
Shortly after announcing the album, the Chicago veteran rapper/actor shares the project’s second single Hercules. The Swizz Beatz-featured song is accompanied by a music video.
“Production-wise, I knew that the music had to have depth, soul and dimension to it. I wanted the musicianship and the spirit of what live music brings, but it also had to have something raw and basement about it,” Common added. “When my team said, “You should do some music revolving around the book,” I just took that energy and went running into my artistry without focusing on anything else. No movies, no commercials, no parties (well, I don’t do that too much anyway) and I just worked on music. So this album is the culmination of this journey, this passion and this Divine Love that I have for one of GOD’s greatest gifts.”
Releasing via his new deal with Loma Records, ‘Let Love” is scheduled to arrive August 30.
1. Good Morning Love (feat. Samora Pinderhughes)
2. HER Love (feat. Daniel Caesar)
3. Dwele’s Interlude
4. Hercules (feat. Swizz Beatz)
5. Fifth Story (feat. Leikeli47)
6. Forever Your Love (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid)
7. Leaders (Crib Love) [feat. A-Trak]
8. Memories of Home (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid & Samora Pinderhughes)
9. Show Me That You Love (feat. Jill Scott & Samora Pinderhughes)
10. My Fancy Free Future Love
11. God Is Love (feat. Leon Bridges & Jonathan McReynolds